Monday 28 April 2014

Dinosaurs 5ever

I drop my sword in a hurry as the heat from the dragon’s breath singes my hand. I try to run away, but my armour slows me down, who decided this was good attire for fighting anyway? I find my whistle that is dangling on a golden chain around my neck and blow in it to hear nothing, but my steed hears it. He runs in slow motion with his mane flowing behind him while the dragon’s scales are clinking on the stone castle walls like it’s a chain link fence. I ride out of the castle and the dragon brings his own demise as he knocks the pillars over and the castle comes falling down upon him. My steed and I make it out just in time to hear the dragon’s last rumble of fear and frustration. We turn around and watch the huge castle crumble. The damsel awaiting her prince charming was not worth all of that. Couldn`t she just climb out of the window or something? Well, she probably had the ride of her life when the castle fell down.

---------------

When I lock the door to my micro-home I turn around to see the forest of beautiful mature trees taking over my neighborhood. Among the trees are other micro-homes, and there isn’t a single lawn to be seen. The plots of land contain gardens, shrubs, flowers, and there are rabbits and other herbivores roaming free in the neighborhoods. I hop on my bike and take the path that has long since replaced the wide streets that were predominantly used as routes to getting where and what you needed. Now, everyone pretty much is self-sufficient, growing their own foods, only eating what they need to eat and not too much more. Being self-sufficient is a lot of work, therefore people are busy keeping up with their own duties. I ride down the path and see people sharing with one another out of the goodness of their hearts. Everyone sees how hard we each have to work, so we all have empathy for others. Nobody has used money for years once the world went bankrupt and realized that money is worthless and harmful to everyone. The people have chosen this life, the leaders have been overruled. Everyone is a leader, because the only one you need to rely on is yourself.

But, I’m on my way to see what I can do about the thieves that have been harvesting the food out of my garden. I lock my door now, because I can’t trust anyone anymore. How, even in this harmonious world, someone can be so greedy is beyond me.

---------------

I have come to the realization that no matter what era I visit, humans have corrupt that era. Even the fantastical eras – the ones that I (or someone else) have made up – I can still see how people can ruin it. Everyone thinks that today is so bad and that we’re getting worse and that everyone is afraid for the future. But, take a look into the past, what is it that you find was so much better than now? And really, how was it worse? 

Basically, it’s a glass half full/empty conundrum. And, although visiting other eras would be super cool and whatnot, there will always be something that will remind me about how much humans are so corrupt.

Maybe that’s why I like dinosaurs so much.


Until next time,

Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system