Tuesday 26 August 2014

A Little Bit of Ugly

The end of summer brings on a series of sentimental and fun blogs here at Any Given Sundae. It was decided to finish off the season of fun exciting activities that we would each make homemade gifts for one another.
This is not a new activity for me. I've been making homemade gifts for people ever since I got into University and couldn't afford to purchase people fancy extravagant gifts. So I would pour my heart and soul into these little items and hope that the recipients would appreciate them, even if they were sup-bar creations.
As you may have noticed from a couple of my previous blogs, I have embarked on the DIY and funky homemade items quite a bit this summer. I am very proud of the new items I have added to my repertoire of 'things'. Mostly because I was getting bored of making people paintings and poems and other artsy-fartsy fuddy-duddy things. Don't get me wrong, I loved making those too, but new things are always exciting!

So, finally, I will reveal the secret of what I have made my two good friends:

I made them Ugly Teddies *copyright *patent pending





They were so well received that I even gave my work one on my last day (along with some mythological libations).


They were so easy to make (as you can probably tell), even though I had to hand sew them and make my own pattern. I figured it out, and they turned out so ugly that they're kind of cute.

I've decided that I am going to continue making these Ugly Teddies and if they start to sell I will make sure all the proceeds go to "Changing the World" (in one way or another), and the slogan that Marley and I have come up with will be "Making the World Beautiful with a Little Bit of Ugly".

Also, I have to give credit to my Aunty Janice, who was there when I was finishing up the last one and gave me some pointers on how to make them a little bit quicker and better. She got inspired and whipped up a REAL dinosaur in one afternoon. Show-off. Kidding.

So there you have it: Ugly Teddies.

Until next time,

Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system