Monday 6 January 2014

I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIKE THIS STUFF!

My life is one big fat juicy guilty pleasure.

I have so many guilty pleasures that I have to sort them into categories.  My guilty pleasures are divided as such: music, movies, food, and miscellaneous.  In an effort to keep this blog short, I will give you only one example from each category.

Starting with music; I have developed into what I like to think of as a well rounded music lover, able to find something to appreciate in every style, format and technique. But, one artist that I cannot get enough of is Christina Aguilera. Oh my god. It’s definitely not something that I liked to admit out loud in this very heteronormative world where Xtina’s music used to be quite the advocate for lgbt people to come out and feel equal (although I support it 100%). However, for being that kind of icon she definitely deserves respect, but solely on the topic of music – she’s a goddess.  She’s got pipes like noone’s business and soul that will set your heart on fire. Such a versatile character too, I especially loved her retro phase. But, her versatility is proven with this new song that she is featuring in with A Great Big World, “Say Something,”  she boasts a tragically delicate whisper which contrasts her usual powerhouse qualities. I love her. Moving on.

Movies, well, they’re similar to music as I have quite the fondness for chick-flicks. I especially love The Devil Wears Prada and Confessions of a Shopaholic. I honestly don’t know what it is with those two movies, other than that they take place in New York, which is definitely a destination I’d like to pursue one day. However, also connected to music, I love watching musicals, and they go under this category because the majority of the ones I have seen were the movie versions. However, I have gone to my fair share of live musicals as I do work in the theatre industry and have my ins. My go-to songs are from musicals like Les Mis¸Sound of Music, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Beauty and the Beast, and so-on and so-forth. Less guilty – I love Disney movies. Any Disney cartoon or Pixar film or what have you, I will be guaranteed to love it. I have gone to Frozen twice in the last two weeks. It’s phenomenal.

The next bit brings me to food. Everyone has some sort of guilty pleasure with food. Mine, unfortunately, are soft drinks or more commonly known as pop. It doesn’t matter what flavor, if it’s diet or regular, cold or warm, I’ll drink it. It’s quite disgusting actually. It’s gotten to the point where it could definitely be classified as an addiction – and I actually will tell people and myself jokingly that I’m addicted, but it’s just so good and sweet and refreshing! FEEL THE BURN! Mmmm. *cracks open pop*.

Lastly, I have the miscellaneous category. I only need to say one sentence to describe this one, and I wish I could justify it to make me seem like a more proper human being, but here goes:

I LOVE THE SOUND OF FARTS!

Keep in mind that these are only one example in each category. I hope everyone else has as many (if not more) guilty pleasures as me.


K BYE.

Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system